What a December to remember!

This month has been an emotional rollercoaster, nothing horrific but enough to test my strength and faith, it has reassured me that choosing positivity and prayer is definitely the way to go through life.

On the last day of term, after many rehearsals and fun, the time had come to perform our teachers Panto to the students. Oh what fun we had, it was most certainly worth the effort and time, not just for the joy of the students and staff but for the feeling of belonging and togetherness. I was able to spend time with colleagues whilst doing something fun and not work, being able to share something that will hold fond and happy memories.

This boost of happiness couldn't have come at a better time, the day before, my dad was admitted to hospital fighting for breath. He was diagnosed with lower lung pneumonia. This was a reminder that dad isn't as strong as he used to be and as time goes on he is becoming more vulnerable to viruses. But in dads true stubborn form he was discharged with an air breather in time for his Birthday party and to enjoy christmas... well be present! Christmas has been different, as due to illnesses, a lot of the time family couldn't visit dad incase he caught anything else. Christmas wasn't about drink, food and presents this year (I have to admit I have been pretty shallow in the past) instead I enjoyed the opportunity to help mum and dad, spending time thoughtfully and in a way that counts.

I had wondered if dad would get better, I suppose trying not to have false hope, I needn't have doubted and a few weeks later dad only uses the breather at night time. He is doing so much better. 

I also made time for friends near and far. I had the opportunity to spend time with friends further afield that I don't see often, two I hadn't seen for a proper catch up in six years! It is shocking how time runs away if you let it.  I am making the effort not to wish time away, to enjoy the mundane with the fun. To live in the moment other than counting down the days till the next holiday (this makes life disappear!)

So heres to the positive, to spending time thoughtfully, to appreciating family, friends and the precious time we have together. I heard something great the other day "you can know how much money you have, but you can never know how much time you have. Time is the most precious thing you have, the most precious thing you can give" and so as the next chapter starts, spend time, give time and cherish the time you have. I wish you a very Happy New Year.

Molly enjoying the early Christmas tree (end of November!)

Birthday Selfie :)

Panto finale

Cinders (me) and Prince Charming

Having a good dance

Comments

  1. I'm finally catching up on your blog. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My amazing dad...

Acceptance

Wonderful busy week