Wonderful busy week
Thoroughly enjoyed my week full of work friends and family. I am very much enjoying my new found relaxed manner to how I do things and what I say yes to instead of no.
I know this may seem alien to others but I am a conformist to the 'norm' when it comes to parenting. I think it stems from the taboo that surrounded (and still does) young mothers when I had Brandon at 19. Out of wedlock! The horror ;)
I was very much judged, sometimes to my face! by the 'older generation'. This meant I was determined to be a 'good mum' for example I always made sure Brandon was in bed by 7 even when his friends were still out playing. I would never have even dreamt of having him out of the house past 7 either even if I needed to go to the shops for something vital.
Anyhoo, I now realise that life is too short to care what others think of my parenting. As long as my children are fed, warm, safe and have enough sleep who cares what our routine is.
Tuesday was my favourite day this week. Molly and I went over to visit my friend Carol from church and her family. Molly and Pippa are the same age so had a whale of a time playing tea parties, having snacks, drawing, dancing and many other things. It was so relaxing being able to let time disappear, the boys sorted themselves out at home so Molly and I stayed till late. Sharing time with friends is so good for the mind and soul.
Heres to next weeks half term
that I'm going to pack with fun, friends and family...
I know this may seem alien to others but I am a conformist to the 'norm' when it comes to parenting. I think it stems from the taboo that surrounded (and still does) young mothers when I had Brandon at 19. Out of wedlock! The horror ;)
I was very much judged, sometimes to my face! by the 'older generation'. This meant I was determined to be a 'good mum' for example I always made sure Brandon was in bed by 7 even when his friends were still out playing. I would never have even dreamt of having him out of the house past 7 either even if I needed to go to the shops for something vital.
Anyhoo, I now realise that life is too short to care what others think of my parenting. As long as my children are fed, warm, safe and have enough sleep who cares what our routine is.
Tuesday was my favourite day this week. Molly and I went over to visit my friend Carol from church and her family. Molly and Pippa are the same age so had a whale of a time playing tea parties, having snacks, drawing, dancing and many other things. It was so relaxing being able to let time disappear, the boys sorted themselves out at home so Molly and I stayed till late. Sharing time with friends is so good for the mind and soul.
Heres to next weeks half term


Comments
Post a Comment