Testing testing.... One two, one two....
Do you ever feel like you're being tested?
I have been feeling tested since results day. This morning I started writing this post, it was full of negativity and tones of selfishness, feeling sorry for myself. It can feel like everything is out to get you. Well as today has come to an end I have revisited my post and completely rewritten it...
My children have been taking it in turns to be ill, just as I think normal is back the other child comes down with another bug! Most of the time these changes to daily life are easy to shrug off. Other times not so much. It is so easy to fall into the 'woe is me' frame of mind. I am desperately trying not to. I am continuing my quest to find balance.
We were due to have lunch with our pastor and his wife today, but Molly has had an up and down temperature, instead of make excuses and bow out due to a slightly poorly child (she is fine most of the time if taking it easy) we went. I am so glad we did. Molly enjoyed having ice cream for lunch, and we enjoyed a relaxed time being able to enjoy small talk in a safe place. Already I was feeling better.
I then realised I have taken on too much at work that I can't actually deliver and therefore need to address for my sake. To relieve the pressure I was putting myself under.
The final moment of peace and reassurance came in the form of a late night text from a friend. Voicing exactly how I was feeling. It gave me the permission to feel how I was feeling, that it was okay, but I am not alone. God has made sure I am safe and as I face things that I feel are a threat, that I will be surrounded by people who love me.
I have been feeling tested since results day. This morning I started writing this post, it was full of negativity and tones of selfishness, feeling sorry for myself. It can feel like everything is out to get you. Well as today has come to an end I have revisited my post and completely rewritten it...
My children have been taking it in turns to be ill, just as I think normal is back the other child comes down with another bug! Most of the time these changes to daily life are easy to shrug off. Other times not so much. It is so easy to fall into the 'woe is me' frame of mind. I am desperately trying not to. I am continuing my quest to find balance.
We were due to have lunch with our pastor and his wife today, but Molly has had an up and down temperature, instead of make excuses and bow out due to a slightly poorly child (she is fine most of the time if taking it easy) we went. I am so glad we did. Molly enjoyed having ice cream for lunch, and we enjoyed a relaxed time being able to enjoy small talk in a safe place. Already I was feeling better.
I then realised I have taken on too much at work that I can't actually deliver and therefore need to address for my sake. To relieve the pressure I was putting myself under.
The final moment of peace and reassurance came in the form of a late night text from a friend. Voicing exactly how I was feeling. It gave me the permission to feel how I was feeling, that it was okay, but I am not alone. God has made sure I am safe and as I face things that I feel are a threat, that I will be surrounded by people who love me.
Comments
Post a Comment