Afterthoughts...
For those of you that haven't seen my Facebook post, the results weren't what we were hoping for. It hit us hard, the biggest thought in our minds being the kids, they now both have a 50% chance of inheriting the faulty gene. I do not like this.
We have to remember that this doesn't change the 'now' but it does make life choices seem more important now. We must stay positive and pray that either science does its thing and finds a solution or that I don't show symptoms for as long as possible. I'd love to pray that a miracle happens and they never come. It is a constant battle to get the balance between hope and reality, trying not to give myself false hope, but prepare for what may come.
Since the results things have started to test my resilience. Things that previously would have seemed insignificant have started to get the better of me. Poorly children meaning a change in routine has thrown me completely. I need normality right now. It is hard to process all these thoughts and emotions whilst life is still happening! I am thankful for great friends who are always there, for the time to chat and work things out.
I must stay on the positive as much as possible. I am to be Cinderella in the teachers Panto at school. Such a fabulous way to be distracted with lots of laughter, spending time that isn't work with colleagues... Will most definitely post the video if it is filmed to share the fun...
We have to remember that this doesn't change the 'now' but it does make life choices seem more important now. We must stay positive and pray that either science does its thing and finds a solution or that I don't show symptoms for as long as possible. I'd love to pray that a miracle happens and they never come. It is a constant battle to get the balance between hope and reality, trying not to give myself false hope, but prepare for what may come.
Since the results things have started to test my resilience. Things that previously would have seemed insignificant have started to get the better of me. Poorly children meaning a change in routine has thrown me completely. I need normality right now. It is hard to process all these thoughts and emotions whilst life is still happening! I am thankful for great friends who are always there, for the time to chat and work things out.
I must stay on the positive as much as possible. I am to be Cinderella in the teachers Panto at school. Such a fabulous way to be distracted with lots of laughter, spending time that isn't work with colleagues... Will most definitely post the video if it is filmed to share the fun...
Comments
Post a Comment