Cuddles
After a mad day running around at work, picking up my daughter and shopping I was hoping to keep the kids going till 7 so I could get them into bed and enjoy an evening to do what I wanted... never does seem to work that way!
As I'm doing dinner I find my daughter crashed out mid play... thats my evening gone I thought, negativity and selfishness creeping in. I don't deny any parents needing alone time and that it is wrong, but I am trying to keep a more positive attitude to the way I think.
I enjoyed spending time with Dan whilst waiting for Molly to stir.
When she did wake I went up and proceeded to spend the next hour in bliss holding my again sleeping child. To be able to hold my child is such a seemingly small thing that I have previously not thought about, but watching my father unable to use his arms to hug me, I have learnt to cherish these moments.
So take a moment next time you hug someone to linger a little longer, to wait a moment longer, to appreciate such a wonderful gift.
As I'm doing dinner I find my daughter crashed out mid play... thats my evening gone I thought, negativity and selfishness creeping in. I don't deny any parents needing alone time and that it is wrong, but I am trying to keep a more positive attitude to the way I think.
I enjoyed spending time with Dan whilst waiting for Molly to stir.
When she did wake I went up and proceeded to spend the next hour in bliss holding my again sleeping child. To be able to hold my child is such a seemingly small thing that I have previously not thought about, but watching my father unable to use his arms to hug me, I have learnt to cherish these moments.
So take a moment next time you hug someone to linger a little longer, to wait a moment longer, to appreciate such a wonderful gift.
Welcome to the world of blogging. I hope it will be a place of joy and creativity for you. I'm keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Cindy 🙂 X
Delete